Monday, June 27, 2011

What is means to be a Hawkeye

I often get asked why I would name my practice "Hawkeye Chiropractic" when I live and practice in Illinois.   Apart from the obvious connection of Chicago students going to Iowa City to the University, I called my practice Hawkeye because I wanted it to represent what I loved about being a small town doctor.  I wake up every day excited to help people.  There really isn't much I wouldn't do to help someone through a tough time, be it physical or emotional stress.  I remember going to the doctor when I was young in my hometown.  It had a sense of personal touch to it.  A doctor's reputation is everything in small town Iowa.  Everyone knows everyone else and they defiantly talk!  The Northwest Suburbs are not too different.  While much bigger than my hometown everyone knows each other, their kids go to school together, and play sports together.  I am still so excited to be part of a community like Arlington Hts and serve patients with the same sense of caring that I could expect in a small town! 

No comments:

Post a Comment